Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Friday, December 17, 2004

Tribute to Keelan

KEELAN

Tosseled hair, without care
tomboy through and through
a mixture of feelings
hidden from view
growing into a woman.
Singing songs, loud of voice
off key, but what a joy!
Little girl lost, forlorn and blue
tears inside hidden from view.
Transformation in the making
Space around her constantly shaking
Girl merging into woman
The final product will be something.

The time grows closer when I must let go of my "baby". It is hard to do. Keelan is the last of those three, those children from another life and time. Six hundred and fifty miles separate me from my kids; a long way away from me. It is hard. If she were just moving down the road or across town, how much easier would it be to bear, but she isn't. She's going back home. And, I must let go. It's been Keelan and me for thirteen years. She and I were the last of what once was. I know it sounds sad and I love my husband dearly, but she and I stuck together through the initiation into the foreign world of my husband. When times got rough, we stuck together and bolstered each other up.

Now she has her wings and must fly into her own, becoming who she is meant to be.

She and I share a different time, a different space. We know what it's like to feel the warm breath of a horse on a cold day, to have loads of baby kittens running after you, a huge dog that jumps in the pond to chase horse poop that dissolves before his eyes and then watch him go under the water to try to find it, to see a goats horns glow in the barn on a dark night and have the crap scared out of you by the sight of it. Keelan and I have a special bond because it's been she and me fumbling through the Streight world for a long, long time.

My kids are far away and it's hard for them and me. I can't be there for anything and I am sorry for that.

In a few more days, my life will change forevermore. Keelan has taught me many things. I am proud to call her not only my daughter, but my friend.

I am proud of all my kids; Brandy for what she has accomplished and who she has become.
Rantz for the man he is and the child he was.

May God watch over them all until I can come home once more.


posted by Mines Broken @ Friday, December 17, 2004  

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger Twinmommy2boys said...

    I so needed your guidance this week and in the following weeks. I'm so lost about this work thing and the life change that may happen because of it, but don't write anymore sad things like that, mmmkay, I don't think my brain or my emotions can handle anymore.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home