Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Done!

Whew, I'm done! Hooray... Done with grading and done with the finale and done with students who want something for nothing. I prefer working with the more mature student teacher than the partying pre-service teacher. There is a vast difference in maturity level for the most part and it tells in the commitment to the work turned in.

I don't know how many teachers I'll have this go round. I had 5 the semester before and made the same amount visiting 5 student teachers once a week (also paid mileage) as I did 3 student teachers this semester and 16 in the 250 class. With the class I still drove to the schools I had them in, but didn't get mileage. In short, I make the same with the student teachers and have a lot less headaches.

Son has not shown his face since he left. His dad has talked to him and seen him once and both times he has asked for money. He's supposed to come Sunday for Christmas because the rest of us are heading home a day or two before Christmas and he's decided not to go. He told me several times the last year that his plan was to leave after he graduated high school without telling us and never see us again. He's working on that now because he doesn't come around at all and when we go over there, he is never home. It's sad, but boy, has the stress lifted around this house! No more locking bedroom doors, or waking up in the middle of the night with strangers in the house.

I guess that's it for now. Merry Christmas!

posted by Mines Broken @ Thursday, December 16, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home