Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

If It's Not One Thing...It's Another!

I know, it's been awhile. Several things have been going on and blogger has been really hard to get into lately, those are my excuses for not posting for a time. So here's what's been going on.

My step-son is still driving me nuts! As I sit here typing I look out on the inspiring sight of his cigarette butts spilling out of the ashtray onto my patio table, the one I paid for, and scattered across the patio. He is bringing people into the house after we are all in bed asleep to play pool. He has opened condom wrappers and unopened condoms laying out on his floor. He has taken a girl into his room several times and is comfortable enough with her to change clothes in front of her. He's skipping most of his college classes. He has his little flask out on his floor and it seems he paid for some type of pill that I found in his room incased in cellophane that is nothing but a blood pressure pill.

I don't feel safe with strange people in my house in the middle of the night, especially the people he hangs out with. He's doing these things in front of my 12 year old daughter who notices all the stuff in his room and mentioned that he changed clothes in front of that girl. He's a great roll model for a young, impressionable girl isn't he? HIS DAD thinks I shouldn't think anything of all of this, I am over-reacting, It's just normal boy stuff. Well, it may be in his neck of the woods, but I'll state up front that I am NOT for all this stuff. His dad won't do anything about it so that leaves me.

So, I am going to tell the kid that this is not his pad, his crib, his abode, his apartment...that it is my house and if he wants to live that type of life to go out on his own because he can't do those things here anymore. Now here is the rub, the minute I do this his dad will threaten me in some manner. I don't mean physically, but he will tell me I am over-reacting, I don't know how to have fun and numerous other verbal things he should never say. We'll see how it goes because I am not going to keep feeling like I am a stranger in my own home.

The other thing that has been going on is with my college class. Some of these students are wanting A's, but not producing the work. Almost half the class does not want to do their lesson plans in the manner they need to be done. They want an average lesson plan to receive an A. They don't turn in their lesson plan form that goes with it and are not writing it at an A level.

After I grade the plans, I go over with the class what needs to be done. This one kid suddenly says, "Well, can this class do anything right?" It threw me for a loop because it was just out of the blue. Previous to his statement I had gone over what had happened during their field experience and had said something like, "Two didn't turn up for field and didn't let their cooperative teacher or me know they wouldn't be there. This leaves their partner in a jam because they are supposed to video them and evaluate them. If you're not going to be there it's required that a call previous to your absence be made to all parties involved." I also told them that 6 students didn't have their form attached and 6 students didn't state what type of multiple intelligences they would be using in their lesson. Another student was whining because her partner didn't finish what she was supposed to do and their grade was cut in half. This same student didn't bring her book to class that day because she didn't think she would need it and blah, blah, blah.

Okay, well enough of that. I'm out of here.

posted by Mines Broken @ Wednesday, November 17, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home