Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Everything

I've been painting. I don't really like too, but our house was so drab something had to be done. I'm going to try my hand at decorative painting either by colorwashing or rubbing on. I've painted the LR a gold color and will apply a darker gold over that. In the diningroom I'm painting it a different gold and rubbing on over that a kind of red-orange color. I like what I've done so far.

My dad still can't swallow, talk well, or walk. He is still being fed through a feeding tube and has a stint in his arm for medication. A physical therapist comes in to work on his legs. He is better though, at this point and they still say it was meningitis brought on by first a sinus infection and then a burst eardrum.

Picked up my daughter at Indy International today and I hate going there. I have no sense of direction whatsoever and that makes for a stressful drive since I drive by landmarks. I've live in Indiana less than a year so I don't know many of the landmarks yet and all the signs have 2 or 3 highways listed which confuses me. Anyway, I've driven there 4 times and 4 times something has gone wrong. The first time I drove up in a horrid rainstorm and traffic was really heavy. On the way back I missed my exit and didn't know where the heck I was because I'd never been to Indy in my life. I also didn't know one person I could call to help me because I'd only been here a month.

The second time I drove to the airport was at 6am and in a snowstorm which I hated.

The third time I made both my exits, but turned on the wrong street because the sign said temporary parking and the sign I was looking for was temporary parking, garage.

Today, I missed the first exit because road construction is going on around the first airport exit. I was just up there 5 days ago and they had 73A closed so I made a mental note that it was the 2nd exit. I was supposed to exit at 73B which the sign said was 1 1/4 miles, but that is wrong. Anyway, I exited at 73A which took me onto I-70 going away from the airport. Of course, there are no turn-arounds and I finally exited onto a street about 4 miles up that road, made a loop left at the light and saw the signs for 46whatever North so I got back on 70 looking for 46whatever. The stupid sign said 1/2 mile. I gage it by my car and get to an exit, but then I see that it goes back to Terre Haute and it's too late to move over. Well, I know where I'm at now, but I'm going away from the airport again and have exited into all that construction. There are construction turn-arounds here, but you're not supposed to. I passed up the first 2 or 3 and then thought what the h, I'm gonna do it anyway and I did. Now I'm going in the right direction and finally exit at 73B. My next exit is 11B and I make that too. I'm almost there and then I see that stupid sign for parking where I turned last time, but my youngest daughter says, "Don't turn there, that's what you did last time." I remembered I was looking for the sign that says, "Garage Parking" so I keep on and there it is, I've finally made it. I thought we'd be late, but the baggage haden't been unloaded yet.

I repeat; I HATE DRIVING TO THE AIRPORT!!!!!!!

posted by Mines Broken @ Wednesday, April 07, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home