Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Poem of the Day

DEBORAH

You know those little monkeys,
who speak, hear, or see nothing?
They are my idols, my goal in life
I kind of like them, they’re really funky
And just like those little monkeys,
I avoid each and every something.
The stance I take is none at all,
However, I’ll watch you take the fall.
I have no backbone guts or glory
I’m yellow as they come
Like an ostrich with head in sand,
I’ll never do it, won’t make a stand.
To do so, would cause me harm
And that of course, is cause for alarm
So I’ll play this little game, if it’s all the same to you
I’ll sit real still, won’t say a word
and pretend I haven’t a clue.

Student
I had a student cry today after giving grades back, but I had to give the grade earned. The project she was working on was very good. It was the format that wasn't followed and some other criteria. I even showed them the specific criteria I would be looking for and it was right in their handbook. Like I told them, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." I lead them right to the water with the exact criteria to the exact rubric that would be used for grading purposes. I felt sorry for her, but she got the grade she earned.

Hooptie
Got beside a hooptie car today at a red light. The guy inside revved his engine once or twice belching puffs of smoke into the cars face behind him and then slowly swiveled his face in my direction. I had the perception that a couple of teeth were missing in the flashy grin he gave me which ironically matched the busted grill on the front of his car. So I'm looking at him wondering what he's up to when he revs his engine again. I take this to mean he wants to "race" me. I'm sittin' in a TransAm Firebird and he's sittin' in a hooptie with a busted front-end and he wants to race. When the light goes green I just leave normally like I always do. I look in my mirror and here the hooptie comes putting along for all it's worth but now it's smoking from both ends. He's trying to catch me and I feel kind of sorry for his old hooptie because it looks like it's going to drop dead any moment. The last I saw of him he's still trying to catch me and I could swear I saw paint chips flying off as he tried to speed along. Go figure!

posted by Mines Broken @ Tuesday, March 23, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home