Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Poem of the Day

BLINDED

The people look, but do not see
the wickedness and apathy
of the man that steers the helm
their vision clouded within his realm.

Ever looking, never seeking
the truth within their view
jumping blindly without plan
believing in the man.

Illusions trick the sense of right
masking reality
images that seem to be
mirages become the truth.

So the people sit and stare
at what they really don’t see
living life ill at ease
engulfed in all this strife.

Someday soon the clock will chime
forcing much discord
the silent mouths will have to choose;
abolish or condone the crimes.

Until then the curtain falls
upon the sleeping minds
slumbering on in stupid silence
blind leading blind.

MASK

The faces presented to this old world
often mask what is real inside
Inside reality
versus outside formality
Inward insecurity
Outward absurdity
The question is; what is real
What is showed or what is closed
The viewer please, approach with caution
Open eyes is one such option.

Dad
My dad is worse. He went into a coma again and his immune system will not work properly. The Dr. is testing him for Aids. I am not surprised. He has been in prison for nearly 5 years now.

"Been in prison," I don't know how I feel about that statement. It has been hard on my brother and me. Just remember, when you do something, it affects more people than just yourself; you will not be the only one paying. My brother and I have fended off a lot of questions because of what my dad did. What he did has nothing to do with us, but we are paying the price too. Even my mother who has been divorced from him for nearly 30 years has been asked questions about why he is in prison. It has affected my husband as well because when he was up for his top secret clearance, my dad's situation had to be told about which could have stopped him from getting it.

It's not fair, but life rarely is; is it. It's not fair that my husband's job should be put in jeopardy because of something my father did. It's not fair that my brother, mother and I must also be placed on trial for what my father has done. It's not fair that my children can't talk about their grandfather because to do so might reveal the fact of where he is.

It's embarrassing. It could be humiliating, if I allowed it to be, but I won't. Many people were shocked when he was convicted, he is so charming after all. Ah, but that's where the truth was hidden. Even as a child, I knew something was wrong with him. I did not like him nor he me. He was in the military when I was born, in fact I was paid for with money won from playing poker. I didn't see him or know him until I was nearly 2, but I knew at that young age something was wrong and wondered why my mother didn't see what I did.

I love him because he had a hand in giving me life and because I feel compassion for him that he has made such a mess of his life and now, all the things he hid from others through his life is hitting him square in the face. He has no place to hide and the life he has led may take his life.

The doctors don't know yet if it is aids or not, but like I said, I won't be surprised. I am not shocked by anything he does. I just feel pity and wonder if he realizes or cares that what he has done with his life has caused his children to pay a price also; one they should never have been asked to pay.

Don't think that consequences won't catch up with you. My dad did not start paying until his late 60's after a full life of fooling and charming people. Now everyone is shocked about his situation and he is laying in a hospital fighting for his life while the story of his life, spills out getting worse and worse and revealing more and more secrets of his true self.

posted by Mines Broken @ Tuesday, March 16, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home