Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Poem of the Day

MAGIC
Magic…
as thoughts swirled around my brain
and feelings awakened within my body.
Magic still, in the way I feel
when I happen upon your face in a moment
undiscovered.
Heart skips a beat in abject defeat
as I see you walk away
fingers entwined
the smiling eyes
aren’t meant for me, but another.
Then misery discovered
in the pulsating pain
tattooed, seared, within my brain.
Wishing for a moment, a chance,
happenstance
something to happen that will break this trance
of the hold you have on my very soul
never knowing, the price it's extolled.
So, I close the book on the tattered refrain
of the silly love song that plays
unrestrained
going round in an endless circle
then coming to rest;
in the weariness of acceptance.

Busy Day
I had a busy day today. My daughter and I went to Lowes to get some wallpaper and then to the mall. When we got back I had an e-mail from a student that needed answering and then Son wanted to take an application by for a job he wants. My daughter took him on her way to take a test and I waited to go get my other daughter. I just got home with her and Son calls and says he doesn't know his sister's cell phone number and has used all his money for this phone call. I call her cell and she doesn't answer so I figure she's still taking the test. I go get him. When we get back, daughter is here so she could have gotten him on her way home. Then we decide to put the wall paper up, but it says not to put it over any other wallpaper so I cut out a small piece and glued it on what's already there to see if it will stick. If it does, too bad I am going to stick the stuff up there tomorrow.

Dad
My brother went to see my dad today. He is still listed in critical condition and they still don't know why he won't get well. They took the tube out of his skull today and took him off the respirator, but my brother said when he closed his eyes he nearly stopped breathing and the monitor flat-lined. He said he can't talk well or put his legs together and now has no control over his bowels. He said he had lost a tremendous amount of weight and didn't know how old he was. He seems to understand, but there are physical things wrong. They say he may have something wrong with his liver or pancreas. Anyway, my brother doesn't think that if he makes it through this illness that he will ever be the same.

I'm tired, so I'm out of here.


posted by Mines Broken @ Thursday, March 25, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home