Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Poem of the Day

FUTURE’S BECKONING RING

Summer turns to Autumn,
the Spring passes on
Winter storms are blowing,
snowing in my mind
Life embers glimmer,
hope eternal springs
Another era closing,
future's beckoning ring.
Memories floating backwards,
time long gone
future days emerging
sing another song.


Dad
They moved my dad to another hospital. I guess they thought they'd better get him out of there while they could. The removed the respirator and tube from his skull. My brother saw him the same day they moved him. They didn't tell anyone. His wife showed up the next morning and he was gone! She's going to hire a lawyer. She finally found where he was and after a lot of red tape was allowed in the room. They had been feeding him through a nose tube and had a lot of other monitors hooked to him, but not at this hospital. She said nothing was being done and he had just been taken off the critical list.

Brother
My brother called the next day and told me that his wife was divorcing him. She just came home and said she was moving out that night, that she had rented a duplex next to her mother and wanted a divorce. He was heart-broken. Not that their marriage was perfect, far from it, but I don't think he expected that.

Hubby
Hubby is still doing the military thing. He's been gone a week and still has another to go. I'll go with him in June. He wrote me a beautiful poem, but doesn't want me to share it.

My Dog
My dog, a collie/lab mix is a sneak! He sneaks into the kitchen when everyone is busy and scouts the counter tops for food and then snatches it. Last week he ate a whole batch of brownies and tonight he grabbed some hamburger patties. Oh, when I catch him, he's gonna get it!

Son
Son's school counselor caught him at school Friday and told him that by Monday if he had not brought his paper back showing that he was working and signed by his parent's that he would be sitting in 3 hours of study-hall. He's been busy trying to find a job. He went on an interview today, but I don't know if he got the job or not.

He's also head-over-hills in love with a Sophomore at school. He wants to marry her and says that if he can't he doesn't want to get married. She's very pretty and very tall, 5'9 to be exact. She's moving to Virginia this summer and son says he is going too. Her step-dad doesn't like him and is a detective. Son's girlfriend told him that he had checked up on him and found out that he had been in trouble with the law and has forbidden her to see him. She can't call him from home and is sneaking to see him. I don't think it is a good situation and I don't think a police detective should abuse his authority in this manner, but I always told Son that actions create consequences either for the good or the bad and once you have a bad reputation, people will look at that instead of you.

Well, I have to get up early and visit my student teachers so, I'm out of here.

posted by Mines Broken @ Sunday, March 28, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home