Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Friday, February 27, 2004

Poem of the Day

OLD AGE

As I look into the weathered face
and see the lines of time
sadness overwhelms my soul.
Did you grow old with grace
or do you feel out of place
now that youth has passed away?
And I see the memories there
the eyes that stare
into a past worth more than gold.
And the you that once was
so vital, so bold
placed away in a drawer
reserved for the old.

Stuff

I had the ba geebies(sp?) scared out of me yesterday. While driving out to the school where my student teachers are, I have to cross several railroad tracks. I'm clipping along at a good pace and right when I'm getting ready to go across the tracks, the crossing lights come on. I look to the right and the train is coming and coming fast. I just punched it and got across. My heart was beating 90 miles a minuet! Anyway, I made it and am here to tell the story.

My student teachers are doing great. They will be an asset to any school they're hired at. Only one is hoping to teach somewhere in Terre Haute. The rest are going elsewhere. I am really enjoying my job. I get to go out to the school, teach, and see grade school kids at the same time. And....it's just one day a week. For what I'm paid, you can't beat it!

We're going to a Pacers game tomorrow. That will be fun. Last weekend we went to Evansville and then on into Kentucky. I had not been to Kentucky, so that was nice.

Son has been quiet for this week. He had his English final this tri-mester and made an A after having made a F last tri-mester for an average of a D. Anyway, he passed. Now, just to get him to pass everything so he can graduate.

I'm just rambling now, so I'll get out of here.

posted by Mines Broken @ Friday, February 27, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home