Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Poem of the Day

TIME

Time marches on
leaving me in a depression of the mind
yearning for home and the friendship
of others.

Many years have I floated
without anchor
searching, seeking,
yet another home.

Unsatisfied with self and others
living in discomfort
waiting for parole
of the soul.

Poetry

All the poems on this sight are written by me and based on my life experiences. I enjoy writing and have found poetry to be an outlet for my creativity. I am also an amateur photographer and have dabbled in children’s stories and non-fiction as well. I hope these poems are enjoyed, but if not; you can't please everyone all the time. It's ok with me.

We attended a Pacers game last night and the whole family enjoyed it.

On the way to the grocery store a little while ago my daughter and I saw something very different. It looked funny, odd, out of place, unusual; whatever you want to call it. We saw a bicycle coming toward us. It was low to the ground and my daughter said, "Ok look, it's a three-wheeler." She paused a moment and then said, "And a fat man." Now, I'm not just talking slightly over-weight, not just pudgy, not just rather large, I'm talking way too big for that bicycle (tricycle)! I truly appreciate the fact the man was getting some exercise and I would never laugh to hurt someone else, but this was some sight to see. The peddles extended so far forward that he appeared to be peddling by tippy-toeing and every time he peddled, his pant leg would go far up his leg because; well I don't know why, but with each pedal one pant leg would go up and then the other. He was too large for the seat and hung out on each side and he had the seat so inclined (the seat looked like a chair) that he looked like he was peddling lying down. His stomach nearly touched the handle-bars and he had on black socks and sandals. The last time I looked in my rear view mirror, he was mobeling up the street; pant leg up and pant leg down.

All is quiet with son for the moment. That means I better get ready for something to happen. It always does after a brief moment of quiet.

posted by Mines Broken @ Sunday, February 29, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home