Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Monday, January 31, 2005

DON’T MOURN

Don’t mourn for what is lost
nor look behind in grief
Don’t cry, for what once was
the past we can’t repeat

But live within, the here and now
new memories do occur
The old unseats, the new entreats
begging us to come forward

After all, just a razors breadth
separate the pair
The old that was, the new to come
kiss and become best friends.

Kids came up this weekend. It's a long drive, around ten or eleven hours, but I enjoyed every minute of it. It's always so quiet when they go. It's funny because my oldest child, who was supposed to be my only child, was by herself for five years before she had any siblings. Now, my youngest daughter is like an only child because she is the only one left and she'll be raised for approximately the last five years of her life as such.

Our family has a lot of doubles, I like to call them. For instance, my son and I both have birthdays in November. My daughter and I share the 24 as a birthdate, two of my daughters share the same birth sign, but different months, and all of my natural children and myself were born in fall or winter months. There are seven years between my oldest daughter and middle daughter and seven years between my middle daughter and youngest daughter. My oldest daughter was an only child for five years and my youngest daughter will be "an only child" for five years until she is an adult. All of our birthdays either fall on even days or add up to even days.

Hm, maybe I am a numbers person.

posted by Mines Broken @ Monday, January 31, 2005  

2 Comments:

  • At 1:15 AM , Blogger BelleLaDonna said...

    Hey! I just wanted to say thanks for letting me stay with y'all this weekend--I had so much fun! I am so glad I got out of Oklahoma and I got to hang out with my best friend and her family for the weekend. I will always have fond memories of it! Thanks again and hopefully I will come back to visit!

     
  • At 11:54 AM , Blogger Mines Broken said...

    Come back any time LaDonna. You're always welcome.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home