Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Monday, January 24, 2005

BITS AND PIECES by Sherri Streight

Bits and pieces of her life, scattered round the room
Bits and pieces of her life, left for me to view
Her actual being, gone from me, far, far away
The silly smile upon her face, no longer in this place
The little girl who made me laugh
all those many years
The off key song; the dance-along’s
Never more to see
now echo in the silent halls, the shadow of my mind.
Her memories swirling, twirling round
rewinding throughout time
How I miss those golden times, when she was just a child
But time goes on
eternity calls
She can’t ignore its voice
so grasping hold of destiny's hand
onward she does march
as I salute the girl that was
and the woman she's become.


posted by Mines Broken @ Monday, January 24, 2005  

2 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger Keelan said...

    awww...mom ur poems make me sad sometimes, but I love them none the less!

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Blogger BelleLaDonna said...

    awww...that is the sweetest poem. Kee really does sing off key, but I love it! I can't wait till Friday, I am really excited about coming to visit y'all!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home