Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Monday, September 20, 2004

Life

My father-in-law is 81. He'll be 82 next month and he's at a point in his life that no one knows what will happen. He's loosing his mental facilities and doesn't really know what is going on anymore. He hasn't know my husband the last two weeks he's talked to him and says he is "just hanging on." It's sad because this man had great intellect. He is a WWII veteran and was serving on the Nevada when it was hit at Pearl Harbor and survived to tell the tale and now, he is losing all his memories to a disease that is nearly as hard on the relatives as it is the victims. It's no longer safe for him to drive and the family will be taking his keys this week. It's a sad ending for a man who's lived the life he has with so many stories now locked away in a place where no one can ever retrieve them. My husband and I both look to possibly the same fate due to grandparents and in his case, also his father.

So, I'm going to live life to it's fullest and let the people I love know that I love them. I'm going to tell all the grand adventures I've had and write down the memories so that if one day, this fate befalls me, all will not be lost.

posted by Mines Broken @ Monday, September 20, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home