Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Friday, September 17, 2004

Nice Fall Day

Well, nearly Fall anyway. Fall is in the air! Even the sunlight looks different and there is a slight coolness in the air. Indy (our dog) stayed out most of the day just enjoying the day as did Jason our cat who really deserves the name Scaredy Cat (sp?) since he's afraid of everything.

I finally have my new computer, monitor and a really nice computer cart. I carved out a little niche in the living room where I can look out into the backyard and enjoy the scenery. My monitor is a 17 inch Sharp flat screen TV/monitor. Awesome, truly. So far, everything is working well and now I don't know how I lived without my new, little toy for so long!

Students are behaving well after I informed them they could not enter class without a Dr's statement if they had been absent one time or more. I've had some trouble with students not turning in work (I was sadly mistaken thinking that not doing work was left behind once they graduated H.S.) I've never had this happen before to the extent it has with this class. So, now they know if work is not turned in they will receive an Incomplete for their end of year grade. Mind you, this was all in the Syllabus, but some felt they had to test the situation. Field is still not set up yet, but hopefully the coordinator will find someone who will take the students in for field experience. Keep your fingers crossed!

Ah...so as I relax to romantic jazz playing through my new speakers and sip on a glass of wine I sign off wishing you all as good an evening and tomorrow as I had today.


posted by Mines Broken @ Friday, September 17, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home