Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Not So Typical First Day
The day began with our computer crashing after we rebooted. My husband thinks that a virus piggy-backed on one of the adds in IncrediMail. This has happened twice now and it is no fun. The day progresses on.

It's the first day of class. I think I mentioned that I am teaching a Sophomore class and also university supervisor for student teachers. Anyway, I have 16 kids in my 250 class. Most are girls, but there are 3 boys or should I say, young men and one of them has a mouth that likes the F word. Soon, very soon, like tomorrow, I'm going to have to tell the kid to lay off the language. You can't have a student go into field experience with elementary kids who has a problem slipping with that word.

Class went well except in an activity we did on perceptions. I made the comment to one of the girls that I perceived her as a partier. Hmm... she informed us all that for the previous three years she thought she was going to be a nun! Foot in mouth for me!

Later on I'm informed that I have to change my schedule from M,W,T to M,W, F. Ok, I'll do that, BUT I'm not going to all those meetings for the amount I'm being paid especially when they don't have anything to do with me. Ok, I feel better.

To end the day, while I'm up on the 11th floor of the education building, the fire alarm goes off. Oh goody! This loud alarm goes off and all the fire deals are flashing and I grab my stuff and head down 11 flights of stairs. When I get outside, the fire trucks are just arriving and there are lots of them. Hundreds of people were filing out of the building and I have to say, in an orderly fashion too. It could have been a terrible mess if the students hadn't managed themselves so well. I didn't wait around to see what happened (first day pranks maybe) but assume I'll find out tomorrow.


posted by Mines Broken @ Wednesday, August 25, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home