Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Monday, May 10, 2004

Poem of the Day

SANDS OF TIME
The sands of time
quickly trickle by
disintegrating the past while structuring the future
And with each particle that is displaced
another comes to takes its place
Circling round in an ethereal state
finding no restraint
assembling the future from fragments encountered
then tiptoeing through the ages.

What Has Changed?
For the past 26 years, I have been surrounded by kids; my kids, his kid, and our kid for a total of five. The last of the original three is getting ready to launch out into life. Many times I've dreamed of some far off future when I could actually go to the restroom without someone wanting something, but as that time draws nearer, I find I'm dragging my feet a little. My step-son is graduating as well (I hope) and the loud, busy house will dwindle to only one kid. My youngest child will finally become the only child, something she's longed for since she's at the end of the line with 4 other siblings ahead of her.

I've learned that I am someone who yearns for change, but when it comes, I'm not as ready for it as I think I'll be. Such is the case now. So, I peer into the future with mixed feelings. It's always a little hard to close the door on something that's been such a part of life for so long, but it's also exciting to see first hand the people my children have become and to know that I had a hand in raising respectful, independent, caring people.

Think of my children and me as we all go through this transition; them into adulthood and me into...whatever comes next.

posted by Mines Broken @ Monday, May 10, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home