Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

I'm Back
I'm back. I've finished all the portfolios and interviews, written all reference letters, turned in the evaluations, attended the seminar today and turned in final grades.

It's still cold in Terre Haute. Last night we were under a frost warning. Everyone tells me that, "We're having a late spring." I'll say! I'm ready to work the flower beds, but you'll never get this wimp out in cold, wet weather to do it! Life has been boring lately. Not too much going on but work. The ADT guy came by today to check out our system and stayed for 2.5 hours. I know all about him, his life here, his time in L.A., when he graduated H.S., that some people in California don't know what a hayride is, that even if he is only 5 feet 8 inches people would be surprised to know that he is great at softball and can shoot baskets, and ETC..... Geesh, just sell me the alarm already!

The guy across the street had on the weirdest outfit today while he was doing yard work. He looked like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz because he's really tall and because of what he had on. He reminded my daughter of Jeepers Creepers. He had his pants tucked in rugged work boots and had on huge gloves that made his hands look a foot long! The hat he had on was kind of like a stove pipe, really tall, but the brim turned down all around and it was kind of a short brim. An evil, treacherous type of hat. You couldn't see his face at all. He was walking around with a leaf blower swinging it around like the chain saw massacre guy in a random motion. In short, he looked scary and I couldn't decide if they had hired someone for yard work or if it was the owner.

When we moved in this house, it had only been owned by the people we bought it from. They had this cord coming out of the master bedroom wall that had a button on it and looked like a thing that would be attached to a hospital bed. I found out from Mr. Information (the ADT guy) that it is called a "hold up button" and used to be installed in businesses. He said the former owners were afraid they were going to be kidnapped and that those things aren't even installed anymore because there are panic buttons on the key pad. If the system had been on when I pushed the button the police would have come. I'm glad it wasn't on.

Caffeine's worn off now. More later.

posted by Mines Broken @ Tuesday, May 04, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home