Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

SO FUNNY

I have to tell what just happened with my dog Indy. You know how I wrote the other day about how people trip and then turn around to see what they tripped over? Well, something similar just happened with my dog. He was barking to go out so I opened the patio screen door and let him out. Immediately on going out he always goes to this one spot on the patio and looks around. While he was doing that, I closed the screen. (One of my cat's the orange, scared one was sitting to the side of me behind the vertical patio shades.) Anyway, I just closed the screen and am still standing there when Indy wheels around and sees me there. He's coming back at full speed. I guess he thought the screen was open because he rammed right into it with his nose. It made a really loud noise which brought my daughter running in to see what happened. Indy's part collie so he's got a long nose and that hits the screen really hard, so hard it knocks him back and pushes the screen all the way off the track except for one corner. The instant he hits, he gets that kind of embarrassed look in his eyes and looks up first at the screen and then at me to see what's happened. The look on his face changes to, (if he were a human I'd swear he said" "What the hell, why'd you do that?" The instant he hits, my cat jumped straight up and bolted out of the room shagging ass and I jumped back thinking the screen was going to fall in on me. Now Indy is sitting out there looking around and I'm rolling on the floor laughing. Indy looks totally humiliated and patiently waits while my daughter and I try to get the door open. When we finally do, I tell him to come in. He just sits there rolling his eyes and looking all around like, "Yeah, RIGHT." The whole time I'm laughing and my daughter is laughing and Indy is still humiliated and embarrassed. He won't come in. He's been laughed at too much and he knows it. I finally get him by the collar and try to show him it's open, but somewhere in the back of his mind, he thinks I've caused his mishap. Finally, he reaches his paw out and tests the doorway twice, looks at me and cautiously comes in. He doesn't like the fact that we are still laughing and tries everything to make us quit. At first he just sits there with his head hanging. Then he starts rolling on the floor and whining, finally he pretends that nothing happened and maybe if he acts like it didn't we'll stop laughing. I imagine my cat is in Timbuktu because I haven'tseen him since and the screen door is waiting for someone who knows how to put it back on, on.

posted by Mines Broken @ Wednesday, April 21, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home