Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Monday, April 11, 2005

What Do I Do?

As I stated in my last post, my husband's mother passed away unexpectedly last week. I knew he would grieve. I knew he was a mamma's boy, but he's taking it too far I think. He's treating the rest of us like we don't exist, like no one ever existed but his mom. He's saying his heart is lost forever and he won't feel love ever again, that he doesn't like anything anymore. When I jokingly said, "Not even me?" He said, "Who are you?" I've had someone very close to me die unexpectedly also. I know the shock of it, but I didn't push the ones still living away acting as if they didn't mean anything to me. I'm his wife. It hurts to hear him say those things over and over. I'm trying to understand it's just his grief, but what does his love for me have to do with her death? He's talking like he can't love anyone else, that he's incapable of loving anyone else ever again. I always knew he cared much more deeply for blood than he did marriage. It's sad I think. How could this death make him feel like he can't love the people he supposedly loved before she died? I don't get it.

Has anyone had this experience? How do you deal with it when it's nonstop?

posted by Mines Broken @ Monday, April 11, 2005  

2 Comments:

  • At 3:57 AM , Blogger BelleLaDonna said...

    I'm sorry about that Sherri! I haven't been through that, but I will be praying for you and your family while dealing with this grief! Love Always-LaDonna

     
  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger Twinmommy2boys said...

    It by no means makes it ok, but we knew this is how he would respond. I do wish he would reach for his family like he did at the funeral to get him through instead of pushing you away. This, if he allowed it, could be a wonderful time for you two to get closer, but instead he will make it have the opposit effect. I'm sorry as well that he choses to handle things in a difficult manner, just know we are here in Okie for you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home