Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Sunday, March 27, 2005

For Brandy, Keelan, and LaDonna

SHOES by s. streight

Shoes, shoes, what would I do
without my lovely shoes!
They keep my little tootsies warm
They keep my feet real clean
They take me places I want to go
And don’t you dare be mean
Cause if you do, my good old shoes
will go right after you
you haven’t a chance, they’ll kick your pants
they really are a dream!

My shoes! How I love them,
I’m hoping you do too
My shoes how I love them
I have more than a few
My shiny black, teach me to dance
The Nikes, for fast running
My stiletto heels give guys a thrill
They’re more than they can stand
And lest I forget, my Sunday best
The pumps go with, my purple dress.

But alas, my favorite pair
Will walk right over you
I guess you know, my boots kick ass
Don’t say you didn’t know.

And so goodbye, the time is right
It’s time for me to go
The next shoe trend is calling me
I’m off to look again
For the shoes that catch my eye
I fear there’ll be no end
But what the heck, I love the effect
I'm sure I won't regret!

CHORUS TEN by s. streight

I never thought this would happen to us
How many times has that thought been put down
on paper or song to find it was wrong

I never thought these tears I would cry
or leaving you or saying goodbye
would cause such pain,
clinging to a tattered refrain of our love

Years have passed while our song played
chorus 10 won’t play again
These tears that drop splinter like glass
in the reverberating sound of our last dance

Lingering in the quiet halls of hope,
the radio plays, I turn down the volume
holding memories close to my heart
and brace myself for one last dance

How can it be, in this time of our lives
that one of us could leave the other
crying in the rain

No, don’t try to explain, your eyes say it all
so one last kiss and one last dance
will close this life-long romance
the ending of a sweet love song.

posted by Mines Broken @ Sunday, March 27, 2005  

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger Twinmommy2boys said...

    Yes, Yes that is exactly how I feel about my shoes!

     
  • At 11:31 AM , Blogger BelleLaDonna said...

    I can't believe that you wrote that! That is halarious and that's how my shoes are to me! Just so you know how bad I am about them...I bought three pairs of shoes and a pair of flip flops over spring break! It's horrible, I know.

     
  • At 1:09 AM , Blogger Keelan said...

    I love shoes!!!! I feel that way about my shoes too. I have tons of them. When I moved back to Oklahoma I gave half of my shoes to Rylee. They seem to have multiplied since then. OOPS! Mom that's hilarious!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home