Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Friday, March 11, 2005

ONCE by s. streight

I read some writings
Once…
from a long time ago and
I heard a voice
Once…
spoken back when
and was surprised to discover
I recognized both
writer and speaker
the way he was then.

The inward out style
the attitude of voice
have all been traded
for an outward bound silence
the traces of passion
that peppered his speech
now lay on his tongue
in hushed retreat.

I wish I’d known
his free-flowing verse
what flowed from the inside
he crammed in reverse
now inward it goes
emotions ice-capped
reflections of youth
disassembled by wrath.

Willingness to expose
emotions no more
veiling from himself
the truth that he seeks
prisoned there
in the adult he’s become
the silence that slumbered
awakens from sleep.

Still working on the last two lines. I'm not sure they say what I want them to say.

posted by Mines Broken @ Friday, March 11, 2005  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home