Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Friday, March 04, 2005

DAYS AHEAD

I look forward to days ahead
when time will heal all wounds
a bright new dawning of sights and sounds
music to my weary soul.
Until then I keep the thought
of brighter days approaching
and mark my calendar with a hopeful check
looking toward that far off goal.

HOMESICK

Homesickness is stuck to me
like molasses syrup hidden in a tree
waiting there, just to be tapped
slowly oozing like punctured tree sap
clinging to me in a sticky mass
until in heartache I collapse at last
all at once I’m homesick bound
feeling depressed and very down
longing for familiar faces
yearning for my homey places.

WILL OUR LIVES

Will our lives return to normal
If they ever were
Or will our lives continue to spiral
Always in a stir
Will a time come when all is quiet
If it ever was
Will our lives be full of joy
Instead of in a fuzz
Will the burdens of this time
Evaporate like dew
Or will we always live in strife
That fits us like a shoe
It seems of late, that’s all I’ve known
Perhaps it always was
Turmoil falling down on us
cascading from above.

posted by Mines Broken @ Friday, March 04, 2005  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home