Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Monday, March 21, 2005

My Latest Poem by s. streight

NO DISCERNMENT

The man lived life with no discernment
Never marking the path he trod
Seemingly stupid to life’s consequences
Noncommittal to any senses.

Walking as if he had no eyes
Stepping where he ought to not
Closing his ears to what goes through mind
Falling into cracks along life’s road.

And not only that
But…

Acting as if things won’t befall him
Brainlessly trudging along
Molecules of strife scattered behind
Trailing in discontentment.

Stubbing his toe on what’s in plain view
Eyes looking ahead, but seeing nothing
Fast-forward run toward idiocracy
Insulated in his own superiority.

What he refuses can harm him plenty
But ignorance is bliss in a case like his
If unawareness were all it was, acceptance could be given
But alas, total abandonment, seems to be the cause.

And so he goes in this haphazard fashion
Daring discipline to come
Tossing aside all sane reason
Defying rational wisdom.


Happy belated St. Patrick's Day birthday to my daughter!

Two of my daughters, Brandy and Keelan came up last week and Keelan's friend LaDonna. I had a great time! I don't get to see them often so them being here was a lot of fun.

I'm comitted to going to the gym now. I have on and off for always, but have been off more than on lately. However, I am seeing great results in my body. I feel so much better too so it is something I will not give up again.

Guess that's it for now.

posted by Mines Broken @ Monday, March 21, 2005  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home