Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

This and That

I'm a little homesick. I don't think I've been home since last December! We'll go home for Christmas again, but I wish I could go more. Taking on these 2 classes at the university has stopped me from going whenever I want, not that I did anyway because I didn't want to leave my youngest daughter for a long period of time. She's at the age where she needs her mom around.

The leaves are beginning to change color, but I don't think they are as pretty as they were last year which for some reason, makes me think of home and the beautiful sunsets we have there. I don't think I've seen but one sunset the whole time I"ve been in Indiana and because of all the trees and houses, I hardly ever see the moon.

When three of my kids were small, Brandy, Rantz, and Keelan, we lived on 40 acres. Around Halloween each year, we'd have a big bondfire and invite friends and family out for a wennie roast. We'd ride horses, fish, visit and have some good fun in the crisp air. Animals were always under-foot with numerous kittens, cats, dogs, and goats running about. We had a rope hung in one of the big pecan trees down on the creek and everyone would swing across the creek hoping they weouldn't fall into the water below! My brother would tell the kids stories about the "Glowing Witch" which would scare the begeebies out them! It was a good time of life, but just one of many.

Time moves on though, doesn't it? And, there's only two ways to move with it; looking back in sadness to what was or looking forward to what's coming with antipation of great things to come and keeping the good memories tucked warmly away in our hearts.

posted by Mines Broken @ Wednesday, October 06, 2004  

2 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM , Blogger Keelan said...

    Boy do I miss those days! Although I didn't realize it back then, those were some of the best days! Growing up sucks!

     
  • At 10:47 AM , Blogger Twinmommy2boys said...

    I miss those days as well. Cookin hotdogs and marshmellow yum.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home