Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Poem of the Day
“D”

I met a friend of Italian decent
a New Yorker by trade with a Brooklyn accent
out of her element, with a Poteau address
not too many months passed till she was depressed.
But there was something that she didn’t know
God’s gracious plan was to watch her grow
becoming the woman that she now is
shining her light because she is his.
To my friend “D” I owe quite a lot
a true friend indeed, a “Johnny on the spot.”
now if we could decipher her Brooklyn accent
many more sinners would surly repent.
Until that day comes, I’ll never regret
the moment I met her, I owe a great debt.
So “D” this is yours, my tribute to you
not many are like you and that is the truth.

My friend "D" just called with the news that her husband had died. I just talked to them both in April and he died in the last week of April. All you can really do is listen and let them talk. They live in Indiana for a short while, somewhere around Evansville. Ah well...I think with that I'll close.

posted by Mines Broken @ Thursday, May 13, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home