Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Poem of the Day

TROUBLE

Life with its ups and downs
can bring you neatly to the ground.
Silently creeping, nary a sound
then all at once, trouble abounds


My Pillow!

Isn't it ironic that just the smallest of things can make you ever so happy? My pillow is the subject of this momentary moment of pleasure. My pillow; doesn't that have a nice ring? Why would a pillow make me so happy? For years I have been buying and discarding various items that were labeled "pillow", but I have come to know those labels lied and deceived! Oh yes, they had the shape of a pillow and the size of a pillow, in dimension, they appeared to be a pillow, but when I laid my head onto them, expecting the fluffiness to surround my tired neck and shoulders, I found myself emitting numerous sneezes because I was allergic to the feather pillow.

I bought another pillow. Again, I rested my weary head upon its supposed softness. This would not work either! Hard is the only way to describe this thing I was beginning to despise. I felt so forlorn, so alone! Wasn't there any pillow for me anywhere in the world? I was beginning to fear I would spend my life alone, all alone without the comfort of a soothing pillow at the end of a long day. But, alas! Prince Pillow has finally arrived. He was tucked way back in the pillow pile and joy of joys; he was on sale too. What a perfect match, one made in heaven.

Now at the end of a long, tiring day, pillow is there to meet me; to greet me. I lay down and its wonderful fluffiness surrounds my neck, head, and shoulders. I no longer wake with an aching neck. I no longer toss and turn all night lusting for another pillow. I will not have to search any longer for my desire, my pillow. It is mine at last! I fall asleep and stay asleep all night. Ahhhhh!

posted by Mines Broken @ Wednesday, February 11, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home