Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Poem of the Day

HOME

Home is but a memory in time
ripped without consent
from my grasp
displacing me in another realm of reality
security
disavowed.
And I am left
seeking
always
seeking
congruity amidst strife.

Reading

I've been reading quite a lot, mostly books I've read before, but oh, the joy of meeting old friends again! To date I've read; Dracula, My Friend Flicka, Thunderhead, Green Grass of Wyoming, Wyoming Summer, Celia Garth and have others waiting in the wing. I'm in reading heaven!

Stuff
I cut my hair SHORT today. I like it. I've never been one to mess with my hair. When I was a kid and my girlfriends began to priss, I quit playing with them. Don't get me wrong. I always look nice, makeup and such, I just refuse to primp!

Why is it that many bosses are prone to behaviors and actions that prompt their employees to call them such things as pompous windbags, idiots, a_ _ holes and other insulting names? My daughters, both in different states are dealing with bosses of such character. It seems that there is no honesty or ethics left in the workplace. If you've read any of my previous blog, you'll know my husband and I went through a terrible situation due to such a boss. And, there are no employee rights! Is everyone aware of that? No rights except federal and those have to be proven.

My vacuum is broken and I'm heartbroken! It's new; or was. Now it's little brush is broken and won't rotate. I of course, can't find the receipt and the sweeper is only 6 months old. This means I'll have to boot the repair cost as well as having to lug or mail the heavy thing to a service center. It's imperative that I have a good vacuum because my dog is long-haired and this vacuum really works on picking up the hair.

My step-son has spent nearly $400 beginning right before Christmas and continuing on. He has no job and all he does is stick his hand out for more money and my husband gives it to him. He promised him $100 because the kid didn't make the basketball team. My daughter didn't make the dance team and she didn't get this deal plus she had to work her senior year.

I love my step-son. I've raised him since he was 4, nearly 5, but I have not been able to treat him as I did my other 4 kids. He has spent much of his time since he was 10 in trouble at school making F's and disrespecting teachers and bus drivers and then in trouble with the police for stupid things he's done. He has never suffered the consequences for his actions because his dad won't let him. We've spent thousands of dollars on lawyers. He is irresponsible and is hanging on to graduating this year by just a thread. His dad didn't want to let him mow both the front and back yard because he said he might get too tired! Can you imagine that. He said our 10 year old daughter could mow the front which is larger than the back. I stopped that and told him to stop treat the kid like a baby. He's 6 feet tall with size 11 feet for pete's sake!

I have put my foot down and whether daddy likes it or not, when and if my step-son graduates, he is getting a job and paying his insurance and gas just like all my other kids did. All the others worked too so why should his child be so special as to not having any responsibilities? Grrrrr!

Well, since this is my second attempt at posting this, I think I'll get out of here.

posted by Mines Broken @ Tuesday, January 20, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home