Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Poem of the Day

KISSES

Your kisses are:

devoured hungrily
consumed liberally
taste deliciously
given sensually
taken literally

And I …….
embrace them heartily.

Mates
What was it about your mate that made you fall for them and do they still have whatever it was? Do you still feel the same way or is your Knight in Shining Armor tarnished beyond repair? Do you still thrill to the voice of your beloved or cringe when you hear their voice? Does your heart still beat fast when you see them all of the sudden or does it beat faster from pent up anger? Have you accomplished the dreams you started with or have they been dashed to pieces? Would you marry them again or run from them? Have they disappointed you or have you disappointed them? Are they always wrong while you're always right? Is your love such that you don't see the added weight or the thinning hair, the love handles, or whitening hair, the lines that creep or crinkley crows feet? Make's you think, doesn't it?

Orange County Choppers
There's not too many TV shows that I become interested in, but Orange County Choppers, I like. Maybe it's a throw-back to the days when I was a motorcycle mama. Maybe it goes clear back to my teenage days when the president of the local biker gang yelled at me and asked if I'd like to be his "old lady". I'd get to wear a jacket with "Property of Mad Jack" emblazoned across the back. Uh, no, THANKS!

Anyway, I like watching a thought become a reality in the form of a magnificent chopper. Awesome! The dad gets on my nerves occasionally. I mean, why does he always yell at Pauly, his oldest son and laugh at that dufuss, Mikey. I like Mikey, he's funny. But, get real; he's just a goof for the biggest part. And Pauly, like most first kids, just takes the abuse. Tonight, Mikey was grinding some bolts and Dad began to get frustrated, but does Mikey get the same going over that Pauly does? Heck no! He just says he forgets that he has to add more time when Mikey's involved because of his learning curve. Pooh!


Wyatt Earp
I've been reading a book about Wyatt Earp. I've read several, however, I think this one is the most accurate to date. It's very well researched. For any Wyatt Earp enthusiast, read "Inventing Wyatt, Earp" by Allen Barra.

Politics
I'm an Independent. I don't particularly care for either party. Both parties are sub-par in many areas. My solution would be simple; if the elected officials don't meet their voters’ approval after they get in office, boot them out like California did their governor. It's our own fault though, most of us don't have the slightest idea how our officials vote, what they stand for, or if they are even carrying out the promises they made. I'm all for a term limit on Senators, Representatives, and Judges.

Students
I have taught K- College age now and let me tell you; the excuses students give you for not doing their work, not turning in their work, and not being responsible are no different in college than in grade school kids. They are just reworded. Instead of "My little bro or sis tore it up", you get "My baby threw up on it," or "My husband/wife, drove off with it in the car," to "I partied too hard last night and don't know where I put it." Get real!

Dog
My dog loves snow! He's half collie. The other part is a little less reliable, but I know his mom was part lab and something. He's chocolate brown with semi long hair and a white chest like a collie, but he's as stout as a lab. He's a natural pointer too. Anyway, he loves to play in the snow. He'll go out for hours and run in it and watch the flakes floating down. And, if you toss him a snowball, he'll eat as many as you want to throw.

Have a good day!

posted by Mines Broken @ Tuesday, January 27, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home