Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Poem of the Day

DON'T MOURN

Don't mourn for what is lost
nor look behind in grief
Don't cry, for what once was
the past we can't repeat

But live within, the here and now
new memories do occur
The old unseats, the new entreats
begging us to come forward

After all, just a razors breadth
separate the pair
The old that was, the new to come
kiss and become best friends.

Good Books
I just finished reading a trio of books that I read when in junior high. They are by Mary O'Hara and reading them again was a totally different experience than when I first read them because I was a kid then and am now about the parent's age in the books. Many of you may have read them: My Friend Flicka, Thunderhead, Green Grass of Wyoming, and Wyoming Summer.

You know how when you hear a certain song or smell, memories come rushing in and you relieve the good feelings you had the first time? Well, that is how it was reading those books. But, I also encountered an emotion that I wasn't expecting; a type of sadness I guess, for what was gone, dreams I had that didn't come about. It's been 30 years since I first read them and then, I payed more attention to how the kids interacted and reacted than the parents because that's what I was, a kid. Now, I paid attention to the parents and their marriage and got a totally different perspective this time around. It was a unique experience for me.

Job
Tomorrow I go to meet the cooperative teachers and today, I looked and looked and drove and drove trying to find the school and couldn't. I went two different times. So, tomorrow I'll have to try again and this time, find it. Everyone I talked to gave me different directions. It was a mess. It's a good thing I don't meet with them until after school closes.

Card
Your card came today. Thanks! Rantz said there would be pictures?

Ah well, I drank too much caffeine after not having had much for over two months and am wired now, so this is about all I can manage in the way of thinking or typing.



posted by Mines Broken @ Wednesday, January 14, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home