Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Poetry of Life

WELL, I’M TIRED NOW

Well, I’m tired now; think I’ll take a break
Take a little time, to mull over old mistakes
A tiny little minuet, won’t take up too much time
See if I can figure out, the answer to this rhyme
You know, I think I’ve seen it all, in fact I’ve done it too
Some of it you know, I might begin to rue
I’ve searched high and low, looking for the cue
But instead I find, I haven’t the slightest clue
My minutes almost up, I’m no further along
In finding all the answers, to this age old song
One more second lingers, until I must move on
This second in my life, is lasting way too long
So goodbye for now, I’ll see you once again
I think in my next minute, I’ll kinda just pretend
I have all the answers, I know everything
And if you believe that friend, you’ll believe anything.

Son

One thing all this mess has done is to get Son motivated to look for a part-time job. He's picked up applications and seems to be serious. Now all he has to understand is that he can't hand-pick his first job.

His room is spotless now and even if he doesn't say so, I don't see how he wouldn't feel better just to be in an organized atmosphere.

He's lost his social security card. I mentioned to him long ago he needed to apply for a new one. He's driving without his driver’s license and commits numerous other unlawful things each day. He doesn't come home from school each day until around 8p.m. even though his dad has told him repeatedly to let us know where he's at. Of course, even though Dad gripes about it, there are still no consequences for his actions. I mentioned to his dad tonight that if it really didn't matter to him whether he told us where he was or not, he should quit making such a fuss about it.

Some people can only learn through the "School of Hard Knocks" and Son is one such person. Step-mom is the only one who expects responsibility from him. I have four other kids and because they took what they were being taught have turned out responsible, upstanding people. Their dad and I retained a great friendship and even though we were divorced, worked together for our kids. I have not been able to do this with my step-son. I only hope in the end I'll have had some influence on him.

My husband and I have one daughter together and she has some inherent traits that correspond with her half-brother (Dad being the common factor) except I am able to help her work through the things she needs to. She used to be disorganized also and would not turn in her work. Her teacher and I spent 7 months working on the problem and now all her work is turned in and she has nearly straight A's, (a B+ in math). That was 2 years ago.

More to come later.

posted by Mines Broken @ Tuesday, February 10, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home