Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Poem of the Day

JUST WHAT YOU GET

You deserve just what you get
After all it was your stupidness
Your self-absorption and selfishness
That put us all in this nasty mess
When something’s done for selfish reason
Those once for you, are inclined toward treason
And then your arrogance kicks right in
And you go on to a brand, new sin
This script is growing very old
And how often have you been told
To think of others before yourself
Or you’ll be sitting, alone on a shelf
I don’t expect you to hear a word
Anything I say is described, absurd
Once again you’ve gone too far
making things, extremely hard
for yourself and others too
but of course, that’s real old news.

WILL OUR LIVES

Will our lives return to normal
If they ever were
Or will our lives continue to spiral
Always in a stir
Will a time come when all is quiet
If it ever was
Will our lives be full of joy
Instead of in a fuzz
Will the burdens of this time
Evaporate like dew
Or will we always live in strife
That fits us like a shoe
It seems of late, that’s all I’ve known
Perhaps it always was
Turmoil falling down on us
cascading from above.

Well.....

I go to the store today and as I'm putting groceries in the cart, I begin to worry about how much to spend because I know we're going to have to foot the $300 my son owes for his shoplifting spree. I begin to feel a little angry about the whole situation.

I go home and he's still in bed. It's 3:30. My daughter told me earlier that she can't find the peanut butter. Can you guess where it was? In Son's room. This ticks me off even further because I have told him not to eat in his room because he trashes the whole room with food and drink. Ok, so he takes a shower and then does the other thing that made me even angrier, he left without letting me know where he was going.

Now, over the past 2 days, I've been thinking about his last little incident with the shoplifting. I'm over the sadness of what he's done and what he's doing and I've been thinking how he manipulated the situation until we all felt so sorry for the drug abusing, fibbing, disrespectful boy. Oh how sad, he has problems and is depressed. He didn't make the basketball team so his whole life has ended and nothing else matters. Dad will help him any way he can to get what he wants even paying for him to go to another college when he can go to his dad's the first 2 years for free. (My daughter is moving back home next year and she has been told that we won't pay for her because she can go for another year free too.) I told hubby that if one could go where they wanted and we'd pay, so would the other.

Ok, so now I'm really hot! By the time hubby gets home I'm burning on the inside. However, I did not let hubby know that. I told him I was tired of Son and would be glad when he left, that the past 13 years had been spent on Son and all the things he had done and that the other kids had been short-changed. (We have a daughter in middle school and she has a GPA of 3.75 and scored an excellent in voice competition. Did she get anything for that? NO, not as of this writing.) When Son didn't make the basketball team, Daddy bought him a membership at the Sports Complex and gave him $100. Daughter wants to know why brother can make F's, steal, lie, take drugs and get $100 and a membership. I'd like to know too, why can he?

Anyway, I told hubby I still want to help Son to get off drugs, that I love him as much as I ever did, but when he turns 18, he's was out if he has not stopped all his stuff and if he couldn't take that, he would just have to do whatever. I am through and I mean it. I am not going to spend my life bailing out someone who does not appreciate nor care about what's done for him. My mother did that with my brother and still does. He is 45 now and getting him out of trouble has cost her, her security in old age. I won't do that. My husband's nephew acted the same way and his mom still buys him cars and has always paid to get him out of trouble and he's now 40 years old!

I told hubby it was more than time our last child reaped some benefits of her good behavior and I would personally kick son out when he came of age if things had not changed. I went through this with my brother. I don't believe in bailing out rude, self-indulgent, disrespectful, and sometimes violent people for all their life whether I love them or not. If they cared about the family, they would stop their idiotic behavior.

Son thinks I am stupid or something. He keeps sneaking out at night, and comes back later. He thinks I don't know this. I'm going to be sitting on his bed one night when he comes in waiting. I've also decided that if he will not quit taking food into his room then I am going to begin hocking his things to get the money to pay for cleaning the rug or he will not receive his allowance until he pays for it. Enough is enough!!!!!!

SO THERE!!!!!!!

posted by Mines Broken @ Tuesday, February 17, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home