Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Poem of the Day

FULL SAILS AHEAD

She’s leaving, going away
Growing up, in the middle of today
On wobbling legs she’s setting out
Pushing forward, to a new found route
Looking onward, let her have her head
The wind behind her, it’s full sails ahead
While I watch as the sun sets low
Missing her, but letting go
Likening her to a new born roan
Allowing her to stand on her own
Mother instincts, a watchful eye
Letting her loose, alone to fly
The last to go, of those three
Head held high, spirit free
Joining the rest, she’ll pass the test
In this venture she’ll do her best.

It's been a busy week so far. I went to a new hair dresser today. I think I'll stay with her because she listened to what I wanted. Even though I liked the one I was using, she wouldn't cut my hair as short as I wanted. So... of with the old and on with the new.

Tomorrow I go to a new Dr. to see if the infection I had before has returned. I hope not. I don't care to repeat it. Then tomorrow afternoon, I go for a job interview at a local university. Wish me well.

Yesterday our bank called and told us our renters check had bounced twice. Yuck! I hate that, but you get into those kinds of things with renters. Anyway, the wife had made out the check and her husband spent out of the account before the check cleared. Hopefully, things will work out before something has to be done.

Tomorrow night my daughter sings in her school choir for Christmas. I'm looking forward to hearing the kids sing.

Then today, my son’s counselor called and read me this paper he wrote in one of his classes. He was talking about what if you knew you were going to die, what would you do on your last day and he mentioned all this stuff like maybe you'd tell someone you loved them or hated them, maybe you'd rob the smoke shop, or take drugs. She asked me if I thought he was suicidal. I don't. He likes to do things and then see what kind of reaction he will get. He got more than he expected because now he has to go see the counselor once a week.

My son’s mother is Philippi no and funny even though she doesn't mean to be. She's kind of mean, but I like her ok. She has a thick accent even though she's been in the U.S. for many years now and sometimes, you can't understand her very well. Whenever she talks to my husband she'll ask him "why he such a stoo-pid man, and why he raise such a stoo-pid boy?" One time she was talking about driving from California to Kansas and she said, "I dwive and I dwive and I get tired so I pull in station and I shit and I shit." All the kids were listening and giggling and one of the kids ask why she shit and shit, but what she really meant was "I sit and I sit". I finally figured out what she was saying because she would shake her leg each time she said shit and that meant her leg was asleep. It was funny.

Once she called and sang Happy Birthday except she says Hawpee birfday to you. She sang the whole thing and no matter who answers the phone she'll tell them she loves them before she hangs up. Once she came in our house and said, "Those are ugee curtains, I don't like them." I told her I agreed, did she want them? She said, "No they ugee." She's a blast!

Anwyay, have a good evening.


posted by Mines Broken @ Wednesday, December 10, 2003  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home