Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Poem of the Day

WITHOUT A SOUND

With nary a sound I say goodbye
all the hurt bound deep inside
never again to see the face
of the man my love embraced.

Lost love I carry now
and deep sorrow creases my brow
emotions deep, run silent, not still
the true measure I cannot reveal.

He, himself doesn't really know
how much my love for him did grow
fate making an impossible match
now love must fade, the heart unlatch.

How long will pain abide
within my heart my sad soul cries
how long till I forget
the one with whom my heart did knit?


Dracula Has anyone read Dracula? It is one of the best books I've ever read. If they would just make a movie the way the book reads, it has the potential to be one of the best movies ever made. It's also interesting because it was written over 100 years ago and you get a glimpse of how things were then and some of the science and medical theories at that time. And, the descriptions of what it was like in places such as Turkey and Transylvania are interesting. I highly recommend the book.

I am trying to give up "pop" as we call it in Oklahoma. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's soda, soda pop, coke, etc. I've cut down from 4 a day to only one. It has been easier than I thought it would be. Without all the caffeine, I can sleep better. Now, if only my cats will let me sleep. They both wake me up around 12:30 wanting out. The yellow one will go, but the female won't if it's too cold to suit her. This happens every night. Grrrrr!

Hot Tub; But What's The Use? We have a hot tub, but one sad thing, it's outside with no cover over it to keep the elements off. Several nights ago, I want to sit in it. I go out there and it feels so good except it begins to rain. I don't want to get out so I have my daughter bring me the umbrella. She said I looked so funny sitting in that hot tub because you couldn't see anything but the top of my head and an umbrella poking up out of the water. That's been my last dip for awhile because now it snows.

We have to leave for the airport at 6am and I am not a morning person. I get most of my energy after 10am. I don't look forward to getting up and leaving so early and riding for an hour and back again and all because the airport is on "high alert."

What To Do Here's a problem we're having. We owner-financed our house in Poteau to (don't tell me, I already know) a FRIEND (my husband made me.) I didn't think it was a good idea from the start because my friend and I had already discussed that she and I didn't want to be involved in the entire thing. Well, she's married to a guy that doesn't attend to business and she doesn't make that much herself. She's ended up having to make the payments. The Nov. payment was sent (late as usual) and it bounced. The Dec. payment has not arrived even though we were told it was in the mail. They were supposed to get back to us and let us know what they were going to do. That was the 10th. It throws us into a situation because I have not been able to find a job here yet and our income has been cut severely. It's beginning to stress me. So... How would any of you handle the situation?

Well, have a good day.


posted by Mines Broken @ Wednesday, December 17, 2003  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home