Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Poem of the Day

RUN SILENT

Run ye silent, oh water o’er the land
and pass with mourning my heart from his hand
forever flowing in a never-ending stream
carrying with you lives frivolous dreams.

Traveling forward in an endless, jagged line
merging and joining until reaching brine
slow, then easy, swift or fast
carry with you my sad, broken past.

Now on eagle wings fill me with new love
encircling me like a soft, velvet glove
an open heart, a tender hand
where once sand shifted, let solid rock stand.

Go on! Flow forever, never run dry
soon twill be forgotten the wind blown sigh,
carried away on a wing and a prayer
then come new love, come if you dare.

I'm back! I feel much better now after nearly 10 days of taking antibiotics so,.... It snowed yesterday and was it beautiful! I love to watch the snow fall lazily down, down, down until it softly settles on your eyelashes or hair. And, if your a kid what greater joy is there than to stick your tongue out and catch that tiny bit of cold on the tip of your tongue. My dog liked it too. He went outside, sat down and looked up in the sky watching the flakes float effortlessly down. He was funny to watch. Sorry to say it was just a dusting of snow and has now, all melted away.

I've learned something new since I've been in Indiana. The weatherman has been talking about wooly worms. I now know what a wooly worm looks like. And, they say, if the wooly worm is white, it will be a light winter, but if it is black, it will be a hard winter. The wooly worms around here were black on each end and a lighter color in the middle. The weather man said that if you follow that theory, then winter will hit hard up front, slack off mid winter and end with a bang. They also watch the hornet’s nests. Hmmm, I didn't know they existed. I keep going around looking in the trees trying to spot my first hornets nest. They showed one on the news and the legend connected with the hornets nest centers around the height that the nest hangs from the ground; the higher up the tree, the more snow. The nest looked like this huge, gray, paper thing kind of shaped like a tear drop only rounder. I haven’t found one for myself yet, but I'll keep looking. Anyway, the nest was way up the tree. We'll see.

I'll be finishing the Poteau saga up soon. The 1 year anniversary of the dastardly deed perpetuated on us by that nasty place is coming up December 6th.

Until next time, Merry Christmas.

posted by Mines Broken @ Saturday, November 29, 2003  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home