Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Monday, December 08, 2003

Poem of the Day

God's shakin' out his feather duster
And it changes form
And falls
down
down
down
Assuming an identity all its own
Before landing on you...
Before landing on me...
And its unique identity
And my unique identity
And our unique identity
Meet and mingle
And
Laughter bubbles up
Echoing into the vast whiteness
And smiles come out
And the two disengage
One melting
And only one unique identity
Walks away


Since my husband and I went to carpentry class on our anniversary, Saturday we took a day trip to Nashville Indiana. It is on a small scale, like Eureka Springs Arkansas. It's much hillier than any other part of Indiana that I've seen and had a lot of quaint, little shops. I however, have a gripe about places like this. I wanted to do some Christmas shopping, but for the most part, all these stores had were Christmas stuff. I don't like to give things like that for Christmas because you can't enjoy them all year round. My question; why do businesses like these stock so much Christmas stuff and so few gift items? It was 2 hours away and although a pretty little town, I'm not sure I would have spent the whole day looking in the shops if I had known nearly everything in them would be Christmas things.

So... The people across the street have had a lot of work done on their house and now they are having something done outside. I can't figure out what, but the guys who work there are creepy especially the little, dumpy one. He stands out in their yard every time my daughter or I drive by and just stares and he'll walk a little bit and turn around and stare again. It makes me uncomfortable. A man did that when I went in a restaurant too and stared at me the whole time I was in there. Maybe this is something they do regionally in Indiana, I don't know, but I wish they wouldn't.

I don't think the antibiotics they gave me cleared up the infection I had for good. I think it's coming back and now, I'll have to go to the Dr. again! I'd really rather not; and since I don't have a regular Dr., I have to find one to go to. It's so much trouble and so much extra money!

A girl that travels on the same road my daughter does all the time got pulled over by a fake cop. He had flashing lights on top of the car like they do on unmarked cars. The girl pulled over and then the guy hits her in the head and robs her! She had to have stitches and was around the same age my daughter is. They think they've caught the guy now, but it was scary because that is a well traveled road and it could very easily have been my daughter he pulled over.

posted by Mines Broken @ Monday, December 08, 2003  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home