Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Poem of the Day

BLINDED

The people look, but do not see
the wickedness and apathy
of the man that steers the helm
their vision clouded within his realm.

Ever looking, never seeking
the truth within their view
jumping blindly without plan
believing in the man.

Illusions trick the sense of right
masking reality
images that seem to be
mirages become the truth.

So the people sit and stare
at what they really don’t see
living life ill at ease
engulfed in all this strife.

Someday soon the clock will chime
forcing much discord
the silent mouths will have to choose;
abolish or condone the crimes.

Until then the curtain falls
upon the sleeping minds
slumbering on in stupid silence
blind leading blind.


Poteau Continued: The man is so silly that when my contract comes up again, it's for 10 month's too. I sign it and send it back to the idiot upstairs. Eventually, another contract is sent this one for 12 months. At this point, I call a lawyer and he tells me not to sign the contract for 12 months, to let Joe make the next move. You would think the man would take better care of business. He's now given me 2 different contracts, both for 10 months and both signed by me. None of the 12 month contracts were ever signed and not one person ever asked why.

I continued to work summers. During the summer one of the regent's asked me if summer went fast for me and then said, "It wont' be long till you're back to the old grindstone. What is it, 10 more days until you'll have to go back?" His statement made me know for sure that my contract was for 10 months and the regent's didn't know I was being forced to work a 12 month contract.

And what about the so called regents? I called them inbred. Most of these people had sat on the board for ages. One regent had been on the board for over 27 years in 2000 and many of the other regents had either had parents on the board at some point, or the children of the current regents had sat on the board, or they themselves had been on the board forever. They just passed it around. They never asked questions about what Joe was doing and if something was brought to their attention, they turned a blind eye to the situation giving Joe undying support in every situation whether he was right or wrong.

Joseph had already begun to threaten other workers to stay away from us or they would be in trouble. We were ostracized by people in administration and Joe would not include my husband in important college functions. He would make derogatory remarks about my husband, his clothing, shoes, appearance, in front of others and then look around and laugh. The people at CASC in my opinion are weak. They would not stand up to him for various reasons and those who chose to keep in contact with us did so under extreme stress and fear.

Let me give you a little peek at the real Joe, the one not presented to the public. To begin with, he is unbelievably stupid, corrupt and dishonorable. When we first arrived at CASC, he would tell all kinds of things in an attempt to brag about himself and also show what types of things he'd gotten away with such as disclosing that he had used money from the Talent Search program to pay for a trip he and his wife took which had nothing to do with the program. Behind closed doors he would make comments such as "Niggers, aren't they funny." He told my husband he should take out one of the women faculty and in his words, "Give her a good fuck." He would be nice to a senator's wife who worked at the college and then speak derogatorily about her husband behind both their backs. He made my program provide service to all the high schools when the grant stated that we were only to use the federal funds to service kids in the Talent Search program.

Here are some other things the dishonest guy did and I'm sure before I finish this entire story, I'll remember more. He told my husband who is also a Colonel in the Army Reserves that he would not allow him to go higher in rank than Colonel and that he could not go on active duty more than he thought he should. Everything he said and did concerning my husbands military career is illegal. He allowed his wife to keep her office on campus for an entire semester after she retired. He rehired his former VPAA after the guy retired in a part-time position which was illegal. Paid employees out of federal funds saying the employee worked 100% for those programs and then used them in other areas and most of the time, would not allow the person to do the job in the federal programs they were hired for.

Before nearly all college functions where regents or foundation people would be present, Joe always made sure there was plenty of liquor. He used my boss as the bar tender and college students as waiters. Many times these kids would be under age and get into the liquor. I was standing right by one of these students who was also a minor when Joe asked him if he wanted a drink. The kid said, "No, I can't. I'm not old enough." Joe said, "Oh come on. Don't tell me you haven't gotten into the liquor when you've stayed at my house watching my dog." The kid was very offended and said, "No, I have never done that."

My boss was also the PTK coordinator and he told her boss that if she ever tried to quit being PTK coordinator that he would fire her. She did not want to do the job, but if she wanted to continue in the job she was hired for, she had to keep on. He took money from all the federal programs to buy supplies for his office and often times, for the entire college. He used the federal programs for recruitment.

I believe my boss used funds from the federal funds for PTK which was ok with Joe. For example, she would pay for a Halloween deal she put on for PTK using federal funds, but would let Talent Search students in free thereby justifying the use of funds. However, the name would always be something like, PTK Halloween Walk of Terror, Urban Legends or something like that and then also use that with PTK. He used the federal programs for his own gain and bragged about it in several instances.

I could go on and on and plan to do just that. However, I won't throw it all at you at once!
Stay tuned!

posted by Mines Broken @ Wednesday, November 12, 2003  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home