Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Poem of the Day

IMPATIENCE

Time stands still
when impatience abounds
an ungrounded feeling ensues
stress engulfs
with its stifling touch
solidly welding the two.


Poteau Continued: Operations done, but all three cost over $10,000! Well, that pretty much took care of the money we had to redo the house we had just bought. It need some updating and the tape around the ceiling had popped due to roof damage etc. That would just have to wait until we either tried to repair it ourselves or more money came in.

In the meantime, Joseph is calling my husband into his office nearly every Friday. We don't know what to make of this. My husband believes Joe is just trying to impart "fatherly" advice to him or teach him how to be the type of president he is. He doesn't feel concerned, just confused because Joe has told him he is not the type of president that meddles into his peoples affairs. This was the beginning of what was to become one method of the presidents' verbal and mental abuse. Besides this, we were constantly being warned "that the boss wouldn't like that." The boss wouldn't like it if I talked to my child's teacher about some things. The boss won't let you live in another town and drive to work. You have to laugh at all the bosses' jokes. If he invites you somewhere or asks you to give a dinner or party, you'd better do it. People were not even allowed to apply for jobs other places without his disapproval and if you did anyway, he would chew those brave enough to try it out in front of everyone.

I had not even started full time yet, but the financial guy calls me and asks me how I am going to make up the time I've missed. I tell him I am only part time until January and say that I will begin working full time in December to make up any time I have missed. In November my husband comes home very upset. It has been 5 months since he took the job and says he knows why the president called him into his office every Friday because on this Friday, he told him he would not recommend him for rehire in January, that he was not doing a good job, that he was tired of making excuses for him to the regents and many more lies. Of course, we were thrown into an immediate panic. We bought a house in August, moved our kids from friends and family, my husband had quit his previous job to take this one and that pompous windbag is setting him up for a fall just like he did the previous VP. We decided it came down to two things; Joe had told my husband he had better be afraid of him because he could keep him from ever getting another job and my husband, a military man as well as having a PhD. was not afraid and told him so! That's when that idiot of a man decided to show my husband and me and also. Secondly, my husband was getting praise from all over town and the campus as well as at the state level and Joe was in my opinion, just downright jealous.

Things began to go down fast after that, but not fast enough to suit me! And, I hadn't even begun to work full time yet!

Stay Tuned as all hell begins to break loose.

posted by Mines Broken @ Tuesday, October 28, 2003  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home