Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Friday, October 24, 2003

Poem of the Day

AMUSEMENT

I amuse myself when I write
of stupid men and their lives
Conceited, I know, but what a pity
to keep it hidden would not be fitting.

Poteau Continued: My urologist told me he had a gynecologist coming by to see me later the evening of the first operation. I sat 3 days in the hospital racking up bills before he showed up! Finally, on the third day, he comes in. He was good looking, so I forgave him! He wants to leave the stint in for a month through one menstrual cycle to see if the cyst shrinks. I am to see him in a month. The stint causes infection so I have to start taking antibiotics. The antibiotics cause yeast infections so I have to mess with that. At the end of the month, I go see my good looking gynecologist and they do a sonogram. The urethra is still enlarged so operation #2 is scheduled. It is to be a type of exploratory surgery to see if the cyst on the right ovary is actually pinching the urethra and if the urethra is still larger than it should be.

Operation 2 took place in September. Of course, I can't just be a normal person. Because I was allergic to the medication in the first operation, they gave me another kind for this one. I was allergic to this one too. This medication made my heart rate go very high. They had to give me oxygen. The nurse runs to get the doctor who comes in and talks to me about how un-normal it is for a patient to be allergic to all these medications, but I will be ok. Finally, I am wheeled in for the operation. When I come out, I am told not only do I have a cyst on the right ovary and a large one at that, but a fibroid tumor on the uterus the size of a doorknob and also endometriosis as well. My urethra which is supposed to be very small is the size of my doctors little finger. "It's not good he says. You're going to have to have a hysterectomy." He then proceeds to tell me that he won't do the operation unless the urologist puts a stint in the urethra first, that it is imperative that he do so because if the urethra is cut, I will be in big trouble. My last operation is scheduled for the first of October.

In the mean time, we find a house. The house needs a little work, but we have money put back for that and the scenery is to die for! We settle in. The house is two-storied and guess what, I'm told not to climb stairs for a week or two after my 2nd operation, not to drive, not to lift and so on. Can life get any better in Poteau? I've been here 3 months and everything is falling apart including me!

Operation #3 coming up next time.

posted by Mines Broken @ Friday, October 24, 2003  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home