Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Things are going well. There's a lot to see, at least I think so. We went to Boiling Springs this week and ate with the Seminar (we're with 13). It was a good gathering. Many of the men and women who are attending the non-residence course at the War College are either National Guard or Reserve so they have jobs outside of the military. One of the guys is a policeman from Boston and has the wonderful accent of Boston mixed with a Maine accent having grown up in a family of fishermen in Gloucester (where the fishermen from the movie "The Perfect Storm" were from). One is from Denmark and others are scattered across the United States. It is interesting to meet people other than from your own backyard. You have a broader sense of America and the world because these people have traveled all in America as well as foreign countries.

Carlisle is small, but I enjoy it. The cost of clothing is great and you can pick up lots of clothes for a little of nothing. They have shirts for $4 that are $20 or more in Indiana and Oklahoma. They take 50% off the ticketed price which lowers it even more; foods a little higher, about 25 cents more for bread. Restaurants are plentiful and good. I had Mediterranean Sea Scallops the other night and a place called Rillo's serves Mediterranean Capallini(sp)that is to die for! Little John's has great baked crab cakes and I could go on and on. I really have to watch my weight here! We've been antique shopping which is also great. The week has passed quickly and soon we'll be into next week.

I guess that's it for now. I'll post pictures when I get home.

posted by Mines Broken @ Thursday, June 24, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home