Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Monday, September 15, 2003

POEM OF THE DAY

INSIDE OF LIFE

Poems are the interior of life
A glimpse of what makes me
And I decide how much to expose
How much to let you see
And as I sit and type the words
The ones I will allow
It's up to you to decipher the code
I cannot tell you how
I simply offer a key to hold
A chance to peep inside
A moment to look within the soul
Of a person you'll never know.


I'm a perpetual twenty-something person. Each birthday that comes along doesn't alter the fact that in my mind, I will always be twenty-something. Don't get me wrong, I don't have one foot in the grave yet, but time does march on. Let's just say I have a young attitude and it's hard for me to "think" fourty-something more often than not. I'm an educated professional, but my rebellion still exists. If my mother hadn't pounded right and wrong into me, I would have been one wild chick. Anyway, I wear my rebellion in the form of spiked hair and a sports car. I find it amusing that nearly every day guys half my age try to race me. Maybe that's what keeps me young.

I told my husband I wanted to get a tattoo of Betty Boop. He said he liked me the way I was. I haven't decided what I am going to do yet, but I think Betty Boop would be an awesome tattoo. Both daughters and my son have tattoos, shouldn't mom join in?

Just wondering: Do any other forty-something people out there find it ironic that you are wearing clothes again that you wore in school way back when? I should have kept all those clothes and saved myself a lot of money. Who knew?

Oh, by the way, A bitcher is someone who contributes nothing to a situation except for a loud mouth. I've known a few of those, how about you?


posted by Mines Broken @ Monday, September 15, 2003  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home