Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Sunday, September 14, 2003

It's been awhile since I posted. Lots of things have been going on. I went to see a Chicago Cubs game Saturday. I love professional baseball. It was good to go because life has kind of sucked lately. This is the 4th place my family and I have lived in the past 4 years. All my family lives in another state and I never know what's going on because no one lets me know. It gets lonely. Two of my 5 kids live in Oklahoma and they do family things with their dad (we're divorced) and my daughter also goes with her in-laws. I guess I feel left out sometimes.

My daughter is thinking about having a child and for some reason, she thinks I don't want to be a grandmother. I've told her that is not the case, but when she talks about having kids to other people, she will mention that her father and his wife would like her to have children, but never her step-dad or me. What's up with that? I don't know. Most of the net knows what's going on with her before I do and in fact, most of what I know comes from reading her blog.

I've begun writing another book and am almost ready to try to find a publisher for my poems. I guess I'll finish for now and end with poems that sum up how I feel lately.

CHANGING TIDES

Changing tides are coming my way
As time moves forward, what was decays
Fog up ahead, hinders my view
What lies in front is all brand new.

ONE BY ONE

The years glide by one by one
As youth dissolves into maturity
And though my life is by no means done
I still harbor some insecurity
The threads of time intermingle
Yesterday melts into what once was
Tomorrow sitting all unguarded
still is yet to come.


posted by Mines Broken @ Sunday, September 14, 2003  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home