Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Saturday, October 16, 2004

No Specific Subject, But Lots of Rambling

Indian has 4 distinct seasons. Fall is one of my favorites maybe, because I was born in November. All of my kids were born either in the fall or winter months although the youngest only made winter by 3 days. The trees are beautiful now and when the wind blows the leaves swirl down in a multitude of colors.

We saw a man wearing panty hose yesterday. He was at Ken's Garage, the place we took Keelan's car for a diagnostic test to see what is wrong with it. He also had really long, sharp fingernails. Not the most attractive man I've ever seen. Back to Keelan's car. It was making a sound that Keelan called a thump. Mechanic mom told her that the engine was misfiring and what did the little ole test say, yup the same thing. It also needs a tuneup. Good thing step-dad works at a college that has technical programs because that's where it's going to be fixed. Ken's Garage wanted over $300 to do the job and good ole Ivy Tech will do it for about $100. Maybe Ricky will be the one to fix it! Keelan would die. He might sabotage it for her for all he supposes she's done to him.

Today we bought a dish washer and 2 TV's. We really needed the TV's because all we had were 13 in. and you could hardly see them! Even the kids complained. So now we have a 27 in. in our bedroom and a 20 in. in the family room and a 19 in. in the pool room. I can see! It's so nice.

I'm slowly getting the house updated. I'm going to do the hall next. The trouble is that the whole house is either wall-papered or paneled. If you paint over wallpaper you have to use oil based paint. Latex will cause the paper to come off because of the water. If I paint over it with oil based paint, then I'll have to use turpentine to clean the brushes and YUCK, a lot of trouble. Option 3 is to take the wall paper off which is what I'll probably end up doing because in the long run, it is easier. I say that, but you have to wet the whole thing down and keep it wet and then wash the walls down and etc.... I keep putting it off because there is no easy solution.

My 250 class goes out Monday to teach their first lesson to a real class. They are excited, but I had to tell them Wednesday that it appreared that some of them didn't care about their grades so if they didn't, neither would I. Many of them have excessive absences and blah, blah , blah. I got it across to some of them, but who knows if all of them will take it seriously. We'll see. One student talked with me for a whole hour after class Friday. I like all of them and hope that they will all get it together.

So, hubby is hogging the new TV and I sit in here typing on my blog and grading papers. We have to incorporate technology into our teaching so the future teachers will be able to intergrate it into the classroom. I think it is a good idea, but few know how to do it. I am thinking of ways to incorporate it into my activities for the class. I use technology daily and have no problem with it nor would I putting it into a classroom, but it amazes me how much the younger generation doesn't know anything about tech. My students don't know what a blog is and some of them don't know how to use the computer. It blows me away.

I have a ritual. Each year about this time I begin to watch all my favorite holiday movies starting with Meet Me In St. Louis becaue there is a great Halloween scene in it. As the season progresses, so do I. Each year I watch Scrooge (the one made around 1970), Meet Me In St. Louis, White Christmas, and The Christmas Story. I enjoy watching them and am looking forward to it.

I guess I'll end it here and take the TV back from hubby. Wish me luck because he is watching OSU.

Ok, I tried to spell check, but it won't accommodate me so take what you get.


posted by Mines Broken @ Saturday, October 16, 2004  

1 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM , Blogger Twinmommy2boys said...

    Mom I saw some stuff at Lowes that lets you paint normally over wall paper, it even addes texture so it won't be flat. I don't remeber the name but it's in the aisle with the joint compounds and stuff to fix cracks in your walls. I too have not done anything with the ugly entry wallpaper b/c it's gonna be a mess to do. I hope it have it and the bathroom done before you guys get here for xmas.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home