Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

BANG...
All's quiet and lookin' good and then bang...Son goes into full mode again and life revolves around him and all that he does. To begin with, all the illegal things I took from him throughout the year and had locked in my room, he took. Yep, he did! He jimmied the latch on our locked door, came in, and took it all. He then refused to return it saying it was his and blah, blah, blah. He'll be 18 in 2 weeks and I told him to either return it or when he reached age he would be moving out. I told him too, in no uncertain Okie terms that, "There's only room for one head dog in this house and you ain't it!"

Now we move on to incident two. I wrote a while back that he plowed his car into a phone pole after sneaking out of the house, in the rain, driving too fast, out past curfew and so on. He's had no car because we wouldn't have it repaired for him. He comes up with this idea that he wants to buy a 1977 Cadillac Eldorado from a friend of his for $200. We won't give him the money so he calls his mom and she sends it. We however, decide not to let him have it until he turns 18 on August 21. He talks his dad into letting him buy it this Sunday, but his dad tells him he can't bring it home because we know he will try to drive it. He brings it home anyway. Ok, so his dad takes his keys. Yesterday he wants the keys to roll the windows up and his dad tells him to give the keys back when he's through. Of course juvenile deliquent boy won't saying they are his keys and his dad jsut lets him get away with it. Since I'm the only one who seems to have any brains in this outfit I say, "Well, hey. You know he's going to try to leave tonight. He's on our insurance and wel'll be liable. He's already had 2 wrecks." Sure enough, he tries to get my daughter who's parked behind him to move her car so he can leave. She had enough fore-sight not to move her car so he had to sit.

Ok, now we have two pieces of junk sitting in our drive way both of which Son has caused. One is the car he wrecked hitting the pole and the other is the piece of junk he's dragged home; "The Eldorado." The dashboard's off, the body is a mixture of gold and primer gray. The tires are bald, it's held together by rust, and the top which has had it's cloth top ripped off is spotted with rust and pock marks. We call the wrecker to take junk car one for an estimate and to see if it's worth repairing. I had Son move junk car #2 beside the house whereupon I blocked him so he can't leave without bashing my TransAm and, I just dare him too! I told his dad if Son left under my watch in that piece of junk Eldorado, I'd call the police and let him suffer the consequences. Son thinks I can't assert authority in my own house, but we'll see. Son' already had two wrecks and if he goes out in that bomb it will be three. To date, we've paid his insurance, but no more. When he reaches 18 his insurance is his own and he can become responsible for his own actions.

posted by Mines Broken @ Tuesday, August 10, 2004  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home