Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Last One to Go

My last chick has flown. How do I feel about that? Well, children have been in my home continuously for 34 years and now it's empty. I feel...lonely. Yes, that's the word, lonely. You see, I raised five children and the baby of the group just moved out two days ago.

I'll sum it up this way, she was not only my child but my friend. We spent 2 1/2 years alone while her dad and my husband served at the Army War College so it was just the two of us all that time. I miss her presence. I miss her humor. I miss her smile. I miss her silly "cheese face." I miss...her. It will require an adjustment on my part. Thirty-four years of kids makes life seem like something is missing. Isn't there somewhere I should be? Or, Don't I have to take someone somewhere?

As I sit and hear the quietness roaring from her room I can't help but feel that loneliness sweep across me but tomorrow, my grand-daughter will sweep in and make it all okay until evening and night and then my husband will go to bed and I will be left all by myself and that's when she would come in and talk to me and make me laugh and I knew that all was right in my home.

I'm sure I will adjust...Won't I?

posted by Mines Broken @ Sunday, October 09, 2011  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home